Masthead

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

They Taste Like Chicken

It's no secret that I love small towns.  I love their character.

Mangum, Oklahoma is the Rattlesnake Roundup capital of Oklahoma.  Randy and I decided to check it out.

When I first met Randy and we just started dating we somehow got on the topic of our fears.  Randy shared that he is really afraid of big dogs and rattlesnakes.

Hmmm.....

All I could think of was how it was going to work when I took Randy to the Last Stop to meet my parents and he would meet their 150 pound black lab, Jack, and have to carry a flashlight when walking outside after dark in the spring and summer to scan for rattlers.

I figured that would work itself out all in good time so no need to go into that right away, right?

Anyway, the Mangum Rattlesnake Roundup is pretty fun and definitely funny.  These snake wranglers are SERIOUS about their work. 

Randy does have a righteous pair of rattlesnake skin cowboy boots and when I find the right one I will definitely own a rattlesnake hat band for my cowboy hat someday.  I want one that looks like this one we found in Mangum...DUDE!


Here are some more pictures from our outing.  And remember, if you encounter a rattler stay very still and move away v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home