Masthead

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

The Wild Blue Yonder

I went to my first air show last weekend. In Altus, Oklahoma at the Air Force base.

I had no idea what to expect.

I left inspired! And impressed! And proud to be an American!

You should go to one soon.

Whether it's the awesome Thunderbirds, the WWII Pearl Harbor re-enactment, the graceful gliders, the stunts, or the mighty cargo planes, you will see some cool stuff!

Here's Randy working his shift at the safety booth.  They gave away little bottles of bubbles to the kids that said "Don't blow it...be safe".  *snicker*  They were cute!


Here's Randy AFTER working his shift at the safety booth.


And here I am.  Blurry.  Because the plane was flying by REALLY fast in mid loop-de-loop when someone from the crew took my picture out the window!


Here are my pictures of the Altus Air Show! 

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 5/05/2010 , Blogger Beth said...

    You're BACK!!!!!!! :) YAY!!!!

     
  • At 5/05/2010 , Blogger Lori Holliday Culver said...

    Beth, I've missed you! I'm trying harder these days to come out and play amongst the living. Will try really hard to post regularly. I sure enjoy your stuff on Big Blue Mess...you and Tina Fey are the funniest girls I know!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home