Masthead

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Moving Day

This was a big week for me.  It was moving week.  Saying goodbye to my house, my job, and the city and state I've called home for six years.

And how awesome is this?  We haven't received any rain of note in Oklahoma City in months but on moving day?  HELLO HURRICANE HERMINE!  Yep.  It started raining in the wee hours of the morning and didn't let up until that night!  I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry.  I decided to look at it as a good luck omen since I'm moving to the Pacific NW where it rains a lot.


At 7:45 a.m. the movers arrived with a truck that, in all seriousness, could hold the contents of ten houses my size.  It was a bit intimidating for my little neighborhood street.


The organized chaos ensued and bit by bit they started moving my stuff out the door. 


Don't forget my cowboy hats!  A girl can never have enough cowboy hats.


When I ran to get lunch for the movers I got soaked.  THANKS HURRICANE HERMINE!


After about nine hours of packing and hauling and loading and arranging...all of my worldly contents were packed up in the giant truck that drove away...and in so doing hopped the curve and busted a low hanging limb off a neighbor's tree...and is now in transit to Washington as we speak.

And then my little house was empty.


Well, almost empty.


And so it is done.

I will miss my wonderful friends who gave me one of the best going away presents thanks to Holly's clever maneuvering.  One that bridged my home in Oklahoma with my new home in Washington...an OETA umbrella that everyone signed!  Because umbrellas are a big necessity where I'm going.  I love it.


And  I love that all of my wonderful colleagues signed...even my favorite six-year old colleague Max.  He gives me hugs when he sees me and it brightens my day.


Thank you for everything, Oklahoma.  We will miss you.



Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 9/12/2010 , Blogger Amelia said...

    Gone - but never forgotten ~ good luck on this new road of life.

     
  • At 9/12/2010 , Anonymous Holly said...

    As long as you have email, you'll never escape me!! :)

    Love the parting shot of Dot.

    Happy trails, pardner.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home