Masthead

Saturday, September 04, 2010

Girls Night Out

Mom was nice enough to come to Oklahoma City today to help me get ready for the movers to come on Wednesday.  She also gave me her dining room chairs with is about a million kinds of awesome!

For dinner she wanted me to choose since this is my LAST WEEKEND IN OKC.  That is so weird I can hardly believe it!  So I chose the legendary Cattleman's Steakhouse in the Stockyards of Oklahoma City.  Steak. Seriously...is there anything better?  Yum.

But there was a 45 minute wait!  Mom and I waited upstairs and chatted it up with a very nice woman from Montana who went to college in Colorado.  Guess what?  I grew up in Montana and went to college in Colorado!  Needless to say we had a had a lot to talk about.


And the best thing?  After waiting almost an hour...WE ATE!  We ate wonderful food and by wonderful food I mean STEAKS!


In between good conversation we had musical entertainment.  This guy on the harmonica was pretty good!


Over the last six years I've always had such a good time when Mom has come to OKC.  It's a little bit bittersweet that this is her last visit here to see me!  I had a  great time. 

And if you're ever in Oklahoma City, eat in the Stockyards at Cattleman's!  You'll love it.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 9/05/2010 , Blogger Amelia said...

    Oklahoma will miss you too (or at least our part of the state)!

    You and your Mother sure look alike...two beautiful ladies.

     
  • At 9/30/2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    lori! i'm so glad you restarted your blog! i've been in afghanistan this past year. congrats on your marriage and congrats on marrying an enlisted man at that!! i left america from mcchord afb! can't wait to read more.

    brandi

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home