Masthead

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Baby It's Cold Outside

Four days in freezing temperatures without electricity in a drafty little brick house makes for a grumpy Gus! I take daily conveniences for granted... like my lights! And my heater! And my blow dryer! Not to mention extravagances like a computer and TV.

I'm lucky that my power was only out four days. Today was day five and many are still without.

I've mentioned before that growing up in Montana and Colorado means that I'm plenty familiar with winter storms. But these ICE storms are so bad because we don't have the infrastructure to deal with them.

This storm was particularly hard on the trees...so many are down, and OKC doesn't have a lot of trees to spare.

Brrrr!






Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 12/14/2007 , Blogger Beth said...

    Lori,

    I was thinking about you and wondering if you were nice and toasty. See, another reason you should have stayed in Texas - it's only 42 - BRRRR!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home