Masthead

Monday, November 19, 2007

A Picture Is Worth a Thou... $4.99

When will I learn?

When will I learn that MARKETING is spin. It's trickery and seducery and mockery. It's the work of evil whose goal is to separate you from your money.

But DANG marketing works and I fall for it every time.

The packaging on this little disposal Halloween camera said that I wouldn't believe my eyes! It said I could scare my friends and make them believe the unbelievable! It said I would be popular at parties.

It said that when developed, a GHOST would appear on each photo.

How cool is that? 27 shots of Halloween fun that would be sure to please. I could see the blog entries in my mind.

Here's my $4.99 - GIVE ME THAT CAMERA.

What a rip off.

Check this shot out. The scariest part of the whole picture is Dot's red eye and my Grease album from the fifth grade sitting in the background by the chair (ask me...just ask me). If you look oh so closely over by the ottoman you'll see a woman's face peering from behind.

Um, not scary.



And this one? It looks like Dot and skeleton head are posing for a candid in the "as seen about town" section of the paper...


OOOOOOOO..... I have a ghost that looks like an over-exposed spot in front of my house...



This one? You've got to work at it, but if you look closely, you'll see that La-La is pawing at a screaming man's face. In theory, this one could be funny. In practicum? Totally lame.



And the best ghost shot of all? MY PICTURE DIDN'T EVEN APPEAR!


What a gip. Almost as disappointing as the thigh buster that broke the FIRST TIME I SQUEEZED MY LEGS TOGETHER and that blackhead remover I bought from an ad in the back of Archie Digest.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home