Masthead

Monday, May 22, 2006

Jackpot!

I'm revisiting this topic because I've hit the jackpot! Here's the deal...

I completely wore the Dotopotamus out yesterday ~ I try to wear her out on the weekends with lots of exercise and play because I don't always have the time to do that during the week ~ and on Sunday, I succeeded. (She got a trim and bath, too, which is always an ordeal.)

On our morning walk I found 2 pennies, which is considered a score, and it was something I really needed.

Reminder, "prosperity" ~ and all of its different meanings ~ has been top of mind for me lately. When I see a penny I pick it up and take a moment to recognize, and be grateful for, my many blessings. It's especially nice when this happens while I'm in the midst of negative thinking, worrying about a problem, feeling anxious over something, or feeling bitter or sad. It's a physical reminder that I have so much to be thankful for, and it is the good in my life that will ultimately outweigh the bad. I look at pennies as God's way of saying that it's going to be okay. It seems that I need these constant reminders...

So on our evening walk yesterday, we were venturing past a place that we walk by at least once every single day, sometimes more often. It's a pretty nondescript section of the street that goes through what I call "Mad Dog Alley" because there are so many fenced in, barking dogs on that block. I happened to look down and saw a penny - yea! - but then I saw another, and another, and another. In all, I picked up 19 pennies in that spot! It was like I had hit the jackpot of reminders that all is going to be okay.

I'm sure I looked pretty weird picking up all those pennies and cracking myself up while doing so. How did they get there? Did someone just randomly throw out a handful of pennies? Or were they placed in my path because I was struggling a little bit and needed a pick-me-up? I don't know, but it was pretty cool.

Almost as cool as finding the dollar bill a few months ago -- but that was before I had turned my thoughts to prosperity, so I just spent that dollar on a diet Coke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home