Masthead

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A Pocket Full of Poesies

I am in awe of flowers. Their beauty, diversity, color and design can take my breath away. I love them all - roses, bluebonnets, orchids, petunias, tulips, iris, daisies, hydrangea, lilies, pansies, poppies, bougenvia, sunflowers - and every season brings new blooms to admire. Over time, my decorating and design sense have absorbed this infatuation and it can be seen everywhere in my home. Collecting floral oil paintings has become my thing and it has been a lot of fun -- mom has helped me find many of my favorites and these are flea market finds, so none of them cost over $15 and most of them come unframed. We're not talking gallery quality here, but I never get tired of seeing them. I just counted and I have 21 floral oils now...Too much? Never. I want to live in an English garden!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home