Masthead

Monday, February 04, 2008

Please Don't Quit Me!

Hi everyone!

I haven't posted anything on the Dotopotamus for about three years now because:

1. My rig has been busted.
2. I am in a fight for my life and have no time.

That's right, my computer has been down for awhile. The whole experience has been one giant exercise in frustration. So much so, that I plan to write about it as soon as I can. But that might be next week, because...

I'm in a fight for my life!

I am so insanely busy and stressed at work right now, that today alone I:

1. Started to hyperventilate,
2. Didn't go to the bathroom for 10 hours because I just couldn't find the time, and
3. Grabbed my back in utter pain when I, literally, heard it go "SPROING".

In my line of work there is always "the big event" looming out there. I'm always and forever working towards that big event. Everything gets pushed to the side because of the myriad of details associated with THE BIG EVENT. This particular big event will happen, whether or not I'm alive to see it, this Friday from 6:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.

I plan to be drinking heavily by 11:30 p.m.

And the real rub? As soon as this one is in the can, I'll start working on Monday towards the next big event.

I'll share the details with you soon, because they are funny. These details are many but some highlights involve:

1. 650 people trying to sit in an event space that only holds 500,
2. A troupe of mostly naked women wearing only porcelain - yes, I said porcelain - boustieres, and,
3. The Governor of Oklahoma.

It really is pretty exciting.

So, I'll hope you'll stay with me through the agony that is the planning for THE BIG EVENT and I'll get back in a posting groove next week.

In the meantime, check this out! To show you my level, or non-level as it seems, of mental activity these days, I couldn't figure this out. My dad sent this to me and I finally had to say "uncle" and ask him where the freaking man was. But once he told me it was so obvious. Let me know how long it take you to find the man in the coffee beans:

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 2/05/2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Not only can I not see the man, but I don't see the coffee beans. What would the doctors say about me? Probably that I need a nap.

     
  • At 2/05/2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    UPDATE -- I googled the man in the coffee beans and I found the image. It took about 45 seconds before I found him. In that time, I let my vision go blurry. I let my mind wander. I even let tears form in hopes of bringing the image of the man out from the beans. And then my eyeballs slipped and I saw him. AND IT FREAKED ME OUT! It's like something from the X-Files. I'll never drink coffe again. And by never I mean for at least a half hour.

     
  • At 2/05/2008 , Blogger Lori Holliday Culver said...

    Hey - can anyone else see the coffee bean picture? I saw it fine yesterday but today it's gone. Yet, the code still exists in my blog. I don't know. Freaking, stupid internet problems that I never understand and don't know how to fix.

     
  • At 2/05/2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    No picture!!!

     
  • At 2/06/2008 , Blogger Beth said...

    Lori, I don't see it on your blog, but I did find it on the internet. I found the guy in about 10 seconds, but I was doing sort of a grid search; it's what we nerds do.

     
  • At 2/07/2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    found him! after relaxing mine eyes like the way I we do with those odd pixelated pictures with hidden, yet obvious images inside.

    I hope you get back to your usual self after this BIG EVENT. I miss you.

    traci

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home