Masthead

Monday, June 18, 2007

Crazy is a Relative Term

I so want to take a Rorschach test. I am completely intrigued by the idea that what I see in an inkblot ultimately indicates my psychological make up. Can that really be true?

Because here's the rub. I've looked at this official from-the-actual-Rorschach-test inkblot for about five minutes and it looks like NOTHING to me.

And I consider myself pretty creative. I can make up novellas by shapes I see in the clouds. I see images in the tea leaves in the bottom of my cup! I'm the type of person who could see the Virgin Mary's outline on my burnt toast. But try as I might, I can't see anything in this drawing.

It just looks like a puddle of spilled ink. I tried to convince myself it looked like a mask, but a mask of what? Then I sort of tried to see two dogs looking in opposite directions, but then I realized that the blot actually looks nothing at all like dogs.

But I have to know...WHAT DOES IT SAY ABOUT ME THAT I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING IN THIS INK BLOT?

Deeply.

Disturbed.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 6/18/2007 , Blogger Emig Family said...

    Evil Gonzo. That's what I see. (And there's no way that's a good sign about what's going on in my head.)

     
  • At 6/18/2007 , Blogger Emig Family said...

    I'm curious to know what a psychiatrist would say about you. Perhaps it means you are a thinker and you're not easily fooled. You refuse to believe it looks like anything because you have no proof that it's anything more than a spot. You're no fool! You know Gonzo doesn't have dog ears.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home