Masthead

Friday, March 16, 2007

You Know You're Tired When...

I am really, really tired today. This is how I know I am older now. Only a few years ago, I had busy weeks all of the time and I was able to go, go, go, 24/7. I'm not so good at the non-stop action anymore! But work will be slowing down after Sunday and all will be well again. It has been an incredibly satisfying week, all in all, and that makes all of the hard work worth it.

But I know I'm tired today because I'm processing information differently and not everything is making sense.

For example:

My Dad sent me this email letting me know about my sweet little niece Mason's upcoming 4th birthday.

Dad writes: Shana and Matt (my sister in law and brother) are throwing a carnival for Macy and we will all have jobs.

Dad writes: Lori, you will be in charge of face painting.

My thought: Awesome.

Dad writes: I'll be in charge of making balloon critters. I'm being sent a book I'm supposed to study to learn how.

My thought: That is hilarious.

Dad writes: Mom's job is to be determined.

My thought: Oh, she'll be good at that - she's naturally determined. Mom will make sure everything gets done, for sure.

Minutes go by. At least five of them as I read other email.

Finally... DING, DING, DING, DING...the lightbulb goes on...

My thought: OOOOOOHHHHH, MOM HASN'T YET BEEN ASSIGNED A JOB!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home