Masthead

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Life in the Hood

My neighborhood is quirky. The kind of quirky that borders on weird.

This morning, I’m walking Dot at 6:30 a.m. and the sun is just coming up. It’s quiet and I’m enjoying the birds chirping, feeling all zen and stuff.

As I’m nearing a rather nondescript intersection, I hear a startlingly loud roar. I look up and yank Dot back on her leash, because barreling down the road – going at least 70 miles an hour – is a big, yellow bulldozer.

I’m serious when I say it was going wide open. I’ve never seen those things going much faster than about 30 mph, but this one had its front shovel sky high and the driver was hunched over the wheel yelling “YEE HAW!” as he blazed by.

Was he steeling the dozer? Was he out of his mind? Was he late for a job? Was he just joy riding for the thrill of it?

I don’t know, but it was one of the more random things I’ve seen lately. And dangerous, too, given that this is a total residential neighborhood full of mammaws and papaws who tend to be up at the crack of the dawn puttering around their yards. Look out little old people – bull dozer coming through.

For the last week, and the coming two, I’m having to work hard for my money, so I haven’t had time to share stories. But I look forward to getting back into the swing of things soon. Working hard for my money is seriously hampering my blogging habit!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home