Masthead

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Best Medicine

The day a couple of years ago when I saw this picture might be the last time I spontaneously laughed so hard that I couldn’t stop. I seriously couldn’t control myself.

You just have to know Betsy, Beth’s sister, and you also have to know Beth really well to appreciate how funny their whole interaction was. Through this brief interlude, both of their personalities came shining through with wonderful, colorful, hilarious force.

I am forever grateful that Betsy has a good sense of humor and gave a copy of these priceless pictures to me. She's awesome.

Betsy: Hey ya’ll. William and I were at the mall the other day and I thought it would be fun to get our pictures taken in one of those photo booths. Do you want a copy? (Hands picture strip to Beth and me).

Beth and Lori Bust out laughing to the point that we can’t catch our breath.

Betsy looks perplexed.

Betsy: What’s so funny, ya’ll?

Beth: Damn, Betsy, it looks like you just got out of prison!

Betsy: It isn’t that bad!

Beth: Oh yes it is. Your eyes are all dark and closed and you’re staring like a zombie. You look like a crack mom!

Tears are now streaming down my face, I’m laughing so hard.

Beth: And what’s with William picking his nose?

Betsy: Well, I didn’t see him doing that until the pictures came out. I just kept telling him to “SMILE WILLIAM! SMILE!" But I guess he was preoccupied.

I am now down for the count.

Beth: Betsy, with these pictures, you and William could be the poster children for white trash America.

Betsy: I don’t know. I think they’re kind of cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home