Masthead

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Life on the Emotional Roller Coaster

Nothing like some tears to go with your morning coffee. I busted out the big, heavy, hot crocodile tears this morning – the kind of tears I normally reserve for when watching Terms of Endearment or reading Brian’s Song.

When checking the on-line headlines, I read that archeologists in Italy discovered this couple buried 6,000 years ago, hugging each other. The lead archeologist said she has never seen anything like it and has never been so moved.

The sweetness just got to me. This ancient couple is locked in an eternal embrace and their love is timeless. Timeless!

Then the bitterness got to me. But I want timeless love! I REALLY want timeless love!

So I got good and worked up. I felt like a female version of Ronny Cammareri (Nicolas Cage) in Moonstruck. Like I was pointing my wooden hand at the love gods while shouting “Johnny has his hand! Johnny has his bride! You want me to take my heartache, put it away and forget?” (I love Moonstruck so much).

Then I realized I was being a completely hormonal drama queen, so I told myself to “snap out of it!”, quoting my SECOND Moonstruck line of the morning.

Who knew I'd get worked up over some old bones?

I think we should just bury this loving couple back up and let them continue their slumber untouched. But you know we won’t do that. We’ll poke them and prod them and dig them up and put them in a museum.

And I’ll be the one with my face pressed up against, hugging, the glass case peering in at the couple while boo-hooing that they look so in loooooooove. They’ll have to bring in the Windex behind me, I’m sure.

Love rocks!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 2/07/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Terms of endearment, i love that movie. =)

     
  • At 2/07/2007 , Blogger Emig Family said...

    "Somewhere out there is the man you are supposed to marry. And if you don't get him first, somebody else will. And you'll have to spend the rest of your life knowing that somebody else is married to YOUR husband."

    -- When Harry Met Sally

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home